Friday, September 17, 2010

This Year

Well it’s been exactly one year since I left for Togo and this whole Peace Corps adventure began. I thought it would be a two year stay in West Africa. Togo was everything I had hoped it would be and better. Truly the best time of my life. I plan on returning to the motherland someday. That’s the goal. It’s terrible what happened and I miss it dearly (my friends, my family, my village). But shit happens. This past year has been a whirlwind and I could not have imagined I’d be where I am right now.

I’ve been on the move a lot this year and it has been a great test of my adaptability. In the past year I’ve lived with 6 different families, speaking 5 different languages between them, and all of those experiences have been wonderful and unique in their own way. For someone who used to be relatively shy, I’d say I’ve grown a lot. It’s been a testing year with plenty of ups and downs but it’s been made beautifully clear to me how blessed I am to have such wonderful people in my life and for that I thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Daniel-

    So proud of how you have chosen to be molded and shaped in ways and circumstances that you had not planned on. Prayers follow you in all your journeys. Love, Mrs. Dibble

    ReplyDelete