Tuesday, August 10, 2010

And so it begins...

8/10/10

Well I'm sitting in a Holiday Inn in Arlington, VA waiting to start my Pre-Service orientation in an about an hour. We're here for the day and have a 3:30 a.m. checkout time and then it's off to Guatemala tomorrow. It's funny to think it's almost been a year since I was in Philly doing this very same thing before heading to Togo. When I think about my fellow stagiers then and how we were all awkwardly meeting one another and then 3 months later as close as family, it's kind of amusing as I meet my new friends and I wonder how well we'll all know each other by the end of training. It's odd, a year ago I would never have thought I would be where I am today. Togo was amazing and the best time of my life. I had always dreamed of going to Africa as a little boy and there I was telling the Togolese that "I'm literally living a dream". The country was incredible and the people were amazing and Togo will forever hold a special place in my heart. I miss it dearly. It's very unfortunate what happened but now it's time for a new chapter. A new country, new adventure.

2 comments:

  1. bueno suerte! tu en mi Google Reader :) ok so I definitely just used dictionary.com as a translating device, so once you learn spanish, will you make sure i said "good luck! your in my Google Reader"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel,
    Good luck on your adventure! I am sure that you will have many great experiences. It certainly will be more exciting than spending a summer in Delaware!!!

    Rob

    ReplyDelete